Thursday, July 28, 2011

Uneven Bars

Wish I would have had more time to work this portrait. Lots of potential for cool photographs on the uneven bars. The first image is the photo that I liked and will run in the paper. The second is the idea that was in my head, but because of limited lighting ability, I wasn't able to blow-out the distracting background. More time, more planning, and maybe a tall ladder could have helped make a better image. I've been told I'll get more opportunities to shoot in the YMCA gym though.

Callie Fohl, 10, won the uneven bars in the YMCA National Gymnastics meet and also took fifth place all-around. Her mother, who is a gymnastics instructor at the YMCA, was an accomplished gymnast at Kent State 15 years ago. Jason Lenhart/The Advocate

Photos © Jason Lenhart

No comments: