Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Disco Inferno Chili

Our first assignment for Picture Story is to photograph a "one day story". I found a group in Columbia called CORE20. It's a group of businessmen who strive to give back to the community through volunteer work and fundraisers. This past weekend was the 5th annual Boys and Girls Club of Columbia Rootin' Tootin' Chili Cook Off. CORE20 competed for the second year in a row, and was looking to best their previous 2nd place finish in the people's choice award. I've edited it down to a 7 picture story, but thought I would get some more critique from my peers before I post a final product. In the meantime, here is an out take from the shoot. It happens to every photographer in their story-shooting career - You follow your subject into the bathroom. Some famous photos have come from photographers following subjects into the bathroom, and, when two of the guys went to go change, I went with them. Didn't get anything incredible, but snapped this shot just for fun.

Photo © Jason Lenhart

Forgot to mention CORE20 themed their Chili stand "Disco Inferno Chili".

No comments: