Monday, November 2, 2009

Pink Hijab Day

Thanks to two of my good photo friends, I now have the ability to post photos MUCH larger than before. I blew up my last post to make sure it works, and it looks so much better. On that note, I'd thought I'd blog some photos from a recent assignment. It was Pink Hijab Day on Wednesday. The MU Muslim Student's Organization had a table outside Memorial Union promoting breast cancer awareness. They donned pink Hijabs in support, but it was also to help break down the stereotypes surrounding Muslim women. A representative from the group told me that they wore them to make people feel more comfortable and therefore more likely to approach them. You can check out a soundslides that ran in the Missourian here. I'm posting a few here to take advantage of my new larger format.


No comments: