Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ok, now do THIS!

I only had a short time with Advocate soccer player of 2011 Brandon Pound. I went in with a pretty grand idea that I pulled from this ad.

First off, the ball in this image was added post-process, which, in the ad world, is perfectly fine. Second, since the guy is spotting his landing, and not the ball, it's very probably there was a landing mat to protect the player.

So that was my idea. Once I met with Brandon, we did a simple 'safe' shoot first.



With the remaining time I had, I showed Brandon a quick print of what I was hoping for. Luckily, he was a great subject to work with and was willing to give it a try. Because we didn't have a mat or anything, Brandon wasn't getting vertical, but we definitely got something, and eventually it's the photo that ran.

Photos © Jason Lenhart

No comments: